Deze website maakt gebruik van cookies. Wij verzoeken u cookies te accepteren. Meer info

Naar de inhoud

Security and Justice

Police and fire department

The Ministry of Security and Justice makes the policy in the field of security (police and fire department). The fire department is the executive body for the basic fire brigade care, aid and disaster relief.

Correctional Institution Dutch Carribean (JICN)

On behalf of the Minister of Security and Justice the Correctional Institution Dutch Carribean takes care of the execution of punishments and custodial sentences that have been imposed after a judge’s order.

Ministry of Defense
Royal Netherlands Military Constabulary - Koninklijke Marechaussee (KMar)

The Royal Netherlands Military Constabulary is responsible for the border control of the airports and sea borders on the three islands of the Caribbean Netherlands. Beside that the KMar also handles the police tasks at the airports and supports the police care on Saba and St. Eustatius.

Entitlement to free legal assistance

Sometimes you need a lawyer. For example, when criminal charges have been brought against you or you have to appear in court. You also need a lawyer when you want to get a divorce. A lawyer can also help you when you have a problem with your landlord or your employer.
If your annual income is less than USD 12,570, you may file an application for free legal assistance. In such case, the government will check whether you are eligible for such assistance.

Guardianship Council

The Guardianship Council acts as the central authority to promote and enforce all Children’s Rights enshrined in the Convention of the Rights of the Child.

Kabinetsreactie Spies
Eilandgids Caribisch Nederland (PDF)Blog Rv